Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Text from Hugh


I received a text from Hugh last night. I wasn't surprised to hear from him. I knew he would pop up again.

How's it going? I think of you often and I am sorry for the trouble I caused.

Trouble? That's an understatement. However, it could have turned out much worse.

My response:

I am fine. Getting by. Thanks.

My fervent hope is that he will not decide to send a follow-up email to my husband and son, apologizing for his behavior. Then I will be really be in the doghouse....to put it mildly.

5 comments:

  1. **HUGS** Hope it all works out.

    TTFN.
    Mr. No Name

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, MNN. I am keeping my fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. many people don't know when to let a sleeping dog sleep. They want to wake the dog up to see if it bites...

    Problem is, it usually bites the wrong person. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah. I need that luck. My husband spent a long moment last night staring intently at his cell phone and my heart started to race. It was nothing, but I am a bit on edge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I walked into my living room a few years ago to find my wife scrolling through my e-mail on my phone. I about died right then. She looked up and said, "you e-mail her so much...." When I found out who she was worried about, I told her to open and read any e-mail she wanted. A total hail-mary bluff. Luckily she put the phone down and let it go. But I've never mixed e-mail accounts again.

    ReplyDelete