I haven't written for several weeks. Between meeting up with Hugh for the weekend, Thanksgiving weekend, having a wicked cold, and then some unasked-for drama, I haven't been in the mood. I was thinking about closing this blog altogether, but then I realized that I enjoy the cathartic release.
Crazy Fucker. That is now my new name for Hugh, my so-called Australian lover. Sure, we had a lovely weekend in which money was no object. He treated me like a princess...took me for a lunch cruise on the harbor, expensive dinners, bar hopping, and just lying around on the hotel bed, being close and genuinely enjoying each other's presence. He also sent me home by car and driver to the tune of $180.
After Hugh left (we spent Nov 18-20 together), I saw Drake and although he had no objection to me seeing Hugh, he did tell me that he was jealous of the time Hugh and I were able to spend together. (Meaning the entire weekend, something Drake and I have never been able to do).
Drake is NOT the possessive type. I now know that Hugh is.
I realized that Drake is the one I truly love and that I really want to devote all my energy to him--not any other man (aside from my husband, but you know what I mean and that's another story...). I sent Hugh a very nice, kind email, telling him that I needed to break things off with him (meaning that we wouldn't see each other this coming February or any other time he is in the US--about twice a year).
Then all hell broke loose.
Hugh's first response was brief, but I could feel the anger. He claimed there wasn't anything he could do about my decision. The next day, I received a long email. He said he felt, shafted, screwed over, and angry. He said that it was Drake's fault and that Drake was being possessive of me (which is NOT true!). Then Hugh wrote that he was going to advise Drake's family of his extramarital relationship.
WTF???
I don't know how much information I've unintentionally spilled about Drake. Hugh is a millionaire and could easily put in a bit of time to track Drake down. Unlikely, but still a terrible concern to me.
I told Drake what was going on. He is very level-headed and told me that things will blow over, but he still advised me to be careful regarding what I write to Hugh.
Several more email exchanges. Hugh told me that he fell in love with me at our first meeting, that in his heart of hearts he knew it was fruitless, but he couldn't let me go.
I replied that threatening Drake made him sound more like a thug rather than the gentleman I knew.
Hugh's final email was "goodbye forever" and that he won't be screwed over by Drake.
I have no idea what he is capable of doing. Idle threats? I guess I will find out in the coming days.
Crazy Fucker.
Glad you're back! As always, I'm glad you have someone like Drake in your life. He sounds like such a great person.
ReplyDeleteDon't stop posting!!! Keep an eye on Hugh! Passion is great, but it can turn dark quickly and the fire can burn. Keep mollifying him (without giving in and going back to him) ro make sure he does not explode. The only thing worse than a jealous Ex is a jealous Ex with the resources to make your life, or the lives of those you care about, shitty. Best of luck.
ReplyDeleteMr. No Name
@ V: Thanks! I am happy to be back posting and catching up on my favorite blogs! Drake is an amazing man and it has taken me *months* to finally realize that.
ReplyDelete@ Mr. No Name: I will continue. I have no plans to contact Hugh again, but if he happens to contact me, I will keep your advice in mind.