This is a follow-up to last week's post about my so-called out-of-whack hormones.
I know this is TMI. However, since I treat this blog as my own personal journal, I felt a compulsion to write. Life isn't always pretty and sexy.
Last week, my gynecologist put me on Provera for ten days. By the third day, the continuous migraine was so intense that I called and told him that I could no longer stand the pain. We needed a new plan.
Enter Aygestin. By the third day of taking the medication, I had gained three pounds, I was irritable and snapped at nearly everyone around me, and I had a constant fullness that you feel only after Thanksgiving dinner. I wasn't taking in any more calories than I normally do. In fact, I was eating less.
I told my gynecologist all of this and he told me that the only difference is that you actually get to *enjoy* Thanksgiving dinner.
It's nice to have a gynecologist with a sense of humor.
He told me that we really need to get things back to normal, so would I be able to tolerate the side effects for a few more days?
Sure.
Here I am, day six of ten days, counting down the days to the end of this vile medication. At least I fervently hope it will be the end. After 32 years of being on a "regular" cycle, it sucks to be "irregular."
I did a search on Yahoo! for "out of whack hormones" and I came up with 718,000 results.
It's nice to know I'm not alone.
Luna,
ReplyDeleteSM is going through similar issues, so I can sympathize, she can empathize.
TTFN
Mr. No Name
MNN - It's odd. I've always taken this for granted and now that I've had a malfunction, I feel really irritated about it.
ReplyDeleteI hope SM gets back to normal soon!
Good luck with the new meds, I argue all the time that I can feel any change in my meds, but my friends all tell me that Blue M&Ms are just the same as the Red ones, but still, I think I'll change to Almond for a while.
ReplyDeleteGood luck.