Pages

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Why Can't I Make Up My Mind?

I'm so glad I didn't stand up my (platonic) friend, Richard, last night. He cooked a nice dinner and it was fun seeing some co-workers I haven't seen for ages (since I telecommute).

All in all, it was a nice, but busy, day. I worked in the morning, went with Drake to a networking event for Business X in the early afternoon, he and I had a quickie afterwards--very, very nice! I then rushed to take my elderly friend to the hair salon after which I went to my friend's house for dinner.

I arrived home at around 11pm and the house was empty. Everyone was out.

I had a text message from Henrik, the man I had literally stood up. The one I was supposed to go to the theater with. His text said the play had been awful...drivel...I had missed nothing...but he had missed me.

I signed onto Yahoo! Messenger on my phone and discovered that he was also online.

Our chat started out innocently. Basic getting-to-know-you stuff. He asked if he could friend me on Facebook and I agreed. Due to his position as a journalist and actor, I saw on his wall that he has met quite a few celebrities. I suppose he is a name dropper, but in a subtle way...if that makes any sense.

He mixed endearments in with his chatting. Calling me "sweetheart" and "dear" and "darling." He even mentioned adoring me at one point. He felt that we had connected on an intellectual, psychic, emotional, and physical level.

All of that didn't worry me. It isn't the first time I've met a man who felt an instant connection with me. It usually takes me a bit longer for me to warm up, however. Call me cautious. Call me jaded.

The conversation turned to sex and hot chatting. It seems that we would be sexually compatible. Assuming he was telling me the truth, which I believe he was.

He says he would be happy just being friends with me, going out for lunch or dinner. He does intrigue me. Yet, he also said if it became sexual, he would be very happy. He doesn't live too far from me--perhaps a 1/2 hour.

I have a feeling he and I will end up meeting, but who knows what will happen after dinner?

I have such a weakness for men.

I am such an attention whore!



3 comments: