Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I'm So Wishy-Washy

When I walked into the restaurant yesterday, I immediately knew I was going to be in for an interesting lunch. Henrik sat in a booth, a book in one hand, gesturing wildly with the other. He looked like a mad man.

He was practicing his lines for a play he is in.

He asked me so many probing questions that barely a half-hour had passed and I was already emotionally exhausted. Worn out. Beat. I'm not accustomed to being accosted that way. I suppose I could have simply said, "I can't answer that." But I didn't. I gave reply after reply. He is obviously the probing, analytical type. And quite brilliant, I might add.

Toward the end of lunch, he propositioned me and I gently turned him down. There was a long awkward silence after, as we searched to renew the conversation. I told him that I'm trying to stay faithful to Drake and I was really sorry.

Geez, what did I expect him to want? Simply lunch?

Although he asked me to go to the theatre or symphony with him sometime--or out to lunch again--I left feeling depressed.

So now I realize that I *don't* want to see other men--platonically or otherwise.

I'm not shallow. I truly wasn't searching for a sugar daddy. That is ridiculous. Drake apologized for making it seem as though he was implying that.

I am simply wishy-washy. I truly don't know what the heck I want out of life and I don't know what I want from the men in my life.

Drake is concerned enough about my mood that he wants to see me today. He doesn't know about Henrik, I simply told him that I was feeling depressed--something I have dealt with on a regular basis for years.

Now that it's getting dark earlier, I hope Drake and I can find a quiet spot for a quickie. I know that would put a smile on my face...

2 comments:

  1. I don't think that's wishy washy, I think we all get excited about the prospect of what things 'could' be. They only ever turn out as expected about half the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mrs. D. You're probably right. :-)

    ReplyDelete