Drake and I meet for drinks. We spend a lot of time talking about Business X but after a few drinks we switch to talking about us.
"You're cute." He tells me. "You look so good right now."
I smile shyly. I love it when he's had a few drinks. He's so relaxed and sexy. He removes his shoe, extends his leg, and props it on the seat next to me. I do the same, propping my foot on his thigh. We are silent for a moment, rubbing each other's leg.
I tell him that I won't be able to see him on Friday. I have family coming to town for two days. He says that he has a meeting that day and was trying to figure out how he was going to get back in time to see me.
He is going out of town for the weekend and I agree to drive him to the airport on Saturday. So we'll see each other then.
So it's all good.
Or is it?
It's terrible. As much as I want to see my family, I'm going to miss our Friday together.
We've developed this pattern of regularity. Drinks on Monday, lunch and sex on Friday. At first, I found the predictability too...predictable. Now, I look forward to our time together and I hate any disruption to our routine.
What has happened to me?
After a few hours, it is time for us to say goodbye. He walks me to my car, molds his body against mine, and kisses me goodbye.
"I love you," he says.
I tell him that sometimes I hate seeing him. He looks surprised and asks me why.
"I hate saying goodbye!"
I know what you mean about saying goodby. It always sucks!
ReplyDeleteYES it does! I recall our most recent goodbye ... such a wonderful time but hard to part ways and re-enter our individual realities.
ReplyDelete