I think I look good for my age (I'm in my early 40's). And I've been told I look good. I take care of myself. I try to eat well, exercise, and keep my stress level down. I don't wear Mom jeans.
So last night I was driving in the car with my 21yo son. I was the driver, he was the passenger. Several Mustangs drove by us, weaving in and out of traffic and revving their engines. I started laughing because I thought it was funny. One of the cars drove by us, slowed down, and a guy started waving out the window.
My son: "Why are they waving at me? I'm not gay."
(Apparently my son has problems being hit on by gay men--and he isn't gay.)
Me: "Maybe they're waving at me!"
Dead silence.
<insert crickets chirping here>
My son: "At YOU?"
Me: "What? You think I'm an old married woman???"
We drove the rest of the way home in silence.
This is hilarious and I can totally relate! I have been mistaken for my son's girlfriend while out shopping. Not sure who was more horrified - him or the lady at the cosmetic counter that had to be corrected!
ReplyDeleteLOL This same son and I once went to pick up some snacks before going on a hike. The clerk in the store gave us both a long, hard stare and said, "He is your...son?" As we left, my son said indignantly, "Who ELSE would I be??"
ReplyDeleteYou need to download Stacey's Mom to his IPod so he'll get a clue! :)
ReplyDelete"Stacy's mom has got it goin' on"
I hope I can get those reactions when my son is 21 (he just turned 12)!
ReplyDelete