I can't fucking believe this bipolar mess of a man I live with.
Dave woke me up at 2am this morning to tell me that he wants a divorce. It sounded serious. I took it seriously.
He called me before lunch and said that he wanted to talk to me. I agreed to meet him at a nearby restaurant so we could talk.
He gets into all this bullshit. The fact that I'm an atheist...
"Do you believe in a soul?" He asks.
"You mean do I believe in life after death?" I ask. "No!"
"Are you a child of god?" He asks.
"No!" I reply emphatically. "I am not a child of god."
Then he lays down the killer hurt. He believes that I would not care for him if he was old and feeble because I don't believe in a god!
WTF????
Fortunately, Drake and I were planning to get together. I email him about all the bullshit. We meet and he tells me to be strong and decisive. I can stand up to certain people, but I can't stand up to my own husband.
Drake tells me a multitude of things to tell Dave. I am so fucking confused now because I can't remember everything. I had too much beer and too little retention.
My mind had really settled on divorce until THE CALL.
I was driving home from the bar and Dave called me. He said that he thought most of our issues centered around money. I told him that we needed to sit down and talk with the kids about our decision. He said that it needed to wait. He and my son have big plans to make big money.
<sigh>
Hmmm. When have I heard THAT before!
We're not poor. We are very, very, very over-extended. Too much debt, drowning in debt.
So... Dave wants me to stay.
I called Drake. He was driving behind me on the road and I see him gesticulating in frustration.
I am so mixed up.
WTF???
Tell him if you believed in God you would ditch him because you would know someone would be around to take care of him but because you are a humanist you'll still around and make sure he's OK. Sorry, I'm always about reverse logic.
ReplyDeleteBut I think those statements are probably reflective of frustration in other areas. I think we tend to strike out in areas where we feel comfortable discussing even though what is bothering us is something else.
Ryan, I love the reverse logic. You're probably right, though. I think we have hidden issues that we need to discuss that just don't bubble to the surface the way other issues do. My humanism is an easy target for him when he's angry.
ReplyDelete