I was certain Dave and I were headed for a separation. He was planning to move out of state and I would stay here with the kids. It just didn't happen. Somehow, we managed to work things out and now here we are together again as though nothing ever happened.
We need counseling.
When I saw Drake on Wednesday, he asked me how getting back together with Dave would affect us. I told him that it wouldn't have any effect at all.
I love Dave for certain qualities that he has and for the constancy that there is between us (if that makes any sense). I'm just not ready to give that up yet.
It was rather odd, though. I had sex with Dave in the morning and sex with Drake in the afternoon. Different men, different techniques. I try hard not to compare.
One thing that Dave admitted to is his continuing addiction to porn. He was addicted when we met 21+ years ago and he still is. I don't know how to help him deal with it. It definitely affects our sex life, though.
You know the strange thing is that staying with your husband is probably the best thing for you and Drake. If you were separated it would change the whole dynamic. Crazy mixed up world isn't it.
ReplyDeleteOh well, in 500 years nobody will care about anything we are doing, so make sure you are enjoying it now! :)
I agree with Ryan, plain and simple.
ReplyDelete