Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Just Be




I took the day off from work today. A "mental health" day (though I didn't tell my supervisor that!).

I spent the first half of the day curled up on the couch watching The Machinist. A great, albeit depressing, movie with one of my fave actors, Christian Bale.

I met Drake for lunch at noon. He was wound-up and stressed out over some things going on in his life. He missed a meeting this morning. He has a terrible memory. He was supposed to receive a reminder on his cell phone, but it didn't happen.

We were both in a funk. Normally when we meet, we're flirtatious and our get-together turns very sexual by the end.

Today was different.

I didn't mind that he spent 1/4 of our time together fiddling with his cell phone, trying to get his reminders to work.

We will see each other again tonight for a meeting regarding Business X.

In retrospect, I think it was a good thing that we were both in a funk. We now recognize that we can be ourselves when we're together.

No comments:

Post a Comment