This made me reflect on my childhood. Filled with music--including musicals. West Side Story, Guys and Dolls, The Sound of Music, My Fair Lady, Camelot, The King and I...and my personal favorite: South Pacific.
There is nothing sweeter than Mitzi Gaynor dancing on the beach unabashedly singing about her man.
If you haven't seen any of these musicals. Borrow one through Netflix--or find the music online. I know I'm seriously dating myself, but this music takes me back to a time in my life when I was young and life seemed so...simple.
Ooooh, yes! I love it when someone has written a song about exactly how I feel, and so many times it's part of a Broadway show! I want to be Mitzi Gaynor when I grow up.... Thanks for this song!
ReplyDeleteThere's a university student-run radio station in Boston that plays Broadway tunes 4 hours a week and you can listen online. It brightens my weekends:
http://www.wers.org/music/Standing-Room-Only.cfm
I am not much of a musical guy except for the guilty pleasure I take from EVITA, but I will substitute 80's big hair bands and enjoy the memories.
ReplyDeleteTTFN
Mr. No Name
@Sassy Thanks for the link, I will check it out!
ReplyDelete@MNN LOL Ah, Evita! I love Evita!