In all the commotion of the past few weeks, I forgot to mention who I met the day before Thanksgiving. Drake's wife.
As I've mentioned before, when Drake and I became lovers, he got me involved in Business X. Consequently, my husband, Dave, also got involved with Business X. Drake and his wife hold a yearly get-together the evening before Thanksgiving and Drake invited my family.
He has a lovely, cozy home about 25 minutes from us. We (Dave, our oldest son, and I) arrived a bit late and the house was packed when we got there. Drake greeted us at the door, but I didn't see his wife (whom I've seen a picture of). I am a bit of an introvert, but my husband--forever the extravert--immediately started chatting with some people. I usually warm up after awhile, but around Dave, it is difficult to get a word in edge-wise when we go out.
Seeing that the house was getting a bit warm, we moved out to the back porch and watched the kids playing soccer in the backyard. Drake found us there and chatted us up for a bit. When his wife walked onto the porch, I saw Drake's eyes flicker from me to his wife. He introduced us all to each other.
One word to describe her: Stern.
I tried to reserve judgment, but in the back of my mind I was thinking, "How could you deny this man sex for five years??? What are you thinking, woman???"
We didn't stay long because I wasn't feeling well (I was developing a nasty chest cold).
The following morning, Drake sent me an email. He said that he was happy that we had been able to make it and that I "looked great." He also mentioned that he had hoped that I would mingle more and that I get "awfully quiet" when Dave is around.
He's getting to know every side of me.
ACKWARD!! We once had a planned swinger date show up early with an invitation to our son's birthday party. We had invited their kid and they recognized enough details from our profile and e-mails to know it was us. That was an ackward first meeting (at the birthday party vice the swinger club), but nothing to compare to this!
ReplyDelete