Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

TMI Tuesday: 'Tis Better to Give than Receive...?

‘Tis better to give than receive…?


For this week’s TMI Tuesday why don’t you tell us:
1. What was your favorite gift that you received (gift giving holidays Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa or heck even if you had a birthday in the month of December that can count)?
Hands down...my 21yo son gave me a Kindle. I have been wanting one forever!

2. What was the most practical gift that you received?
A check from my Mom and Dad. Money is practical (although not as practical as underwear!).

3. What was the silliest, most fun, crazy or impractical gift that you received?
Ummm. Well. My husband gave me this bizarre looking jacket with this crazy zipper and pockets that was made in Nepal. It's really not me. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it! It will probably go in the back of my closet. :-(

4. If you had a special holiday meal, what was your favorite food?
I make some mean mashed potatoes! My grandma's recipe.

Bonus: Share the recipe of your favorite food from the holiday meal.
It's pretty basic: 5 pounds of potatoes and add cream cheese, sour cream, and a touch of butter. DElish!

Bonus, bonus: Whatcha doin’ for New Year’s Eve?
I know what I am NOT doing. I will be very careful if I go out with my husband. Last New Year's Eve, he ran into an old nemesis at a party we went to. My hub proceeded to get plastered on Jaegermeister and made a complete ass of himself.

A quiet evening with my kids, playing games, and drinking champagne (or Martinelli's) is in order, I think.

TMI Tuesday

8 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoy your Kindle, I know I love mine...had it for two years now and I have hardly even picked up an in print book since.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my Kindle too... it's where I keep all my smut from prying eyes ;)

    ~Kazi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I already have my Kindle password protected so I can read those "questionable" books that I wouldn't be able to read otherwise...!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the Kindle. This must have been a very good year for Amazon because about thirty different people we know got one this year. We posted a mashed potatoes recipe but I think we'll have to try making yours! About your New Year's Eve story - yikes. Hope this year is less embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband learned after the first few times that he bought me clothes that he shouldn't bother anymore, very few men are able to choose nice clothes for women.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the Kindle, that's a very nice gift. :) Happy Tmi Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. I love my Kindle... hope you enjoy yours.
    2. Cash is always good.

    xxxx
    Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. Oooh jealous, that's on my wish list. Hoping for the Kindle Fire soon.
    4. We love mashed, but never tried cream cheese!
    Happy TMI Tuesday

    ReplyDelete