Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

TMI Tuesday: Happy Holidays!

This time of year there are so many holidays and celebrations that overlap, which is why it is called Holiday Season.
1. What will you be celebrating? If it isn’t a commonly known holiday or celebration (i.e., Christmas, winter solstice, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa) briefly tell us about it.
I celebrate Festivus. Nah, just kidding. My husband and oldest son are both practicing Catholics, my youngest son and I are Atheists, so we practice a semi-secular form of Christmas. A few decorations, but no Christmas tree because our cats get into the tree and make themselves sick. Honestly, I love driving around at night and seeing all the holiday decorations (as long as they aren't TOO gaudy!).

2. What’s your favorite Christmas or holiday tune?
In spite of the religious overtones, I absolutely love Pierce Pettis' rendition of In the Bleak Midwinter from A Winter Solstice III.

3. If you are giving or receiving gifts this holiday season:
- What’s the gift you most want?
I haven't even given it a thought.
- What do you think is the best gift you are giving? I haven't done any shopping yet. I always wait until the last minute.

4. If you could spend this December holiday season anywhere, where would that be?
In the South where my Mom and Dad retired. Being with them, no matter what time of year it is, brings me such peace. Unfortunately, I can be with them this year.

5. Your family has announced that the holiday celebration & get-together will be at your home. You think to yourself:
a. Yes! Finally…the more the merrier.
I like response A. My sister recently left her family and ran off with another man late last year (and she is now married to him). I have been hoping that she and her family--primarily her kids--would find some way to accept her new situation with her new man. It hasn't happened yet, but I would love to see all of us together. Doubtful it will happen any time soon.
b. I don’t have enough room for all of you, but let’s rent a hall and you all get hotel rooms.
c. Over my dead body, I don’t want you freaks in my house.
d. Hmm…I wonder if it’s too late to book a flight to anywhere, leaving on Christmas eve?

6. Have you ever given a fruit cake as a Christmas gift or a gift at all? Do you even like fruit cake?
I have never given a fruit cake. But I've had a taste of a few, some actually aren't too bad...as a door stop!
Bonus: Share with us one of your holiday traditions.
As a kid, my sister and I would leave out milk and cookies for Santa on Christmas Eve. The following morning, we would wake up to stockings at the bottom of our beds, filled with all sorts of wonderful goodies. We would all get dressed and then proceed to the living room where we would find tons of presents under the Christmas tree. My kids went through the same tradition, but now that they're older, we usually give money over presents.

TMI Tuesday

2 comments:

  1. I love to check out the light shows this time of year. Some folks really go all out! and then there are the public park displays that are just gorgeous :)

    Enjoy!!

    ~Kazi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. #3 Just like me, leaving it until the last minute. I think I'll still be shopping Christmas Eve!

    ReplyDelete