Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Take Me to Your Leader!

Actually, that should have read: Take Me to Your Leader Shrink!

Drake sent me an outline of his plans for 2012. I am happy to be part of them. He covered business as well as personal plans. For us, he says (among other things): "Emotionally, I want you and I to be balanced. Deeper. Calmer." I couldn't ask for anything better than that!

He is also trying to understand my mental illness issues. Yes, he does know about them. I am generally up front about them with the men I am with. It seems so pointless not to be. I can get emotionally low as well as high and having that information about me helps them deal with me.

I have an appointment with my shrink this afternoon. Drake asked if he could join me in hopes of perhaps understanding me a little better with the help of a professional. I called my shrink, but he advised me that he would rather talk about it with me first--not that he's ruling it out. No surprises there. I don't know how many patients he has who have lovers who want to join them for a session. Not many, I'm sure.

My shrink and I go way back. WAY back. Back to 1998. So, we have a history. He has been a big part of my life during some very difficult times. I talk about him on occasion to Drake, so it is no wonder that he is curious to meet him.

I don't see my shrink as often as I used to. Perhaps every two-three months. At times, it was on a weekly basis. I know he wishes I would find a therapist. Perhaps I will some day. For now, I find him the most convenient person to unload my problems. He is never judgmental. He doesn't try to change me. He is a rock in my life. I certainly don't look forward to the day he retires.

2 comments:

  1. I think it says a lot about Drake that he wants to go to an appointment with you. He sounds like a wonderful man!

    ReplyDelete