Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Not a Dismal Year

"The past year would have been dismal without you."

This revelation takes me by surprise. I am flattered.

It is Monday and Drake and I are sitting across from each other in a booth at a pub up the street from our "sex spot" at the River. We didn't meet for sex. We took a walk by the river, then stopped for a drink.

"I want you in my life next year...and the next..." His voice trails off.

I am staring at him with, I am sure, a ridiculous grin on my face.

"You have dimples. I just noticed. Two on one side of your face, one on the other."

I am always amused when he finds something new about me. Something he didn't notice before.

I am grinning because I am happy.

He is on his second glass of wine and I am on my second bottle of beer. We are both feeling relaxed. He leans across the table and takes my hands into his, rubbing my fingers with his fingers. We sit in silence.

Without meaning to, I slip into my "fuck me" mode. I am only aware of it because Drake tells me how sexy and sensual I am. How cute I am. I know he is aroused by the slant of my eyes and my leg rubbing against his under the table.

It is getting late and we both need to get moving.

He takes me to my car and kisses me passionately. We hug and I don't want to let him go.

He whispers in my ear, "I want to fuck you tomorrow."

While I am driving home, I pick up my cell phone and dial his number.

"I don't normally talk while I'm driving, you know!" I tell him. "I just want to tell you that I love you."

"I love you too, sweetie. I am driving up behind you, do you see me?"

I look in the rear view mirror and see his headlights approaching.

I sneak peeks at him as I drive until he turns off onto another street to head home.

Heading home to his wife and family.

5 comments:

  1. That is a sweet and romantic in a way that only someone in an affair could understand. I'm glad he made you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luna,
    I would not thought of you as a beer drinker ans Drake as a wine drinker. Another small insight into what makes you unique.

    Live for those moments as they will sustain you through the rsy of the shit storms life throws your way.

    TTFN
    Mr. No Name

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll keep my fingers crossed that your next year with D will be as not-dismal. It sounds beautiful, almost so beautiful that it's romance not reality. But I too hope you let these moments sustain you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Holly Thanks, I am trying to hold onto that happiness even though I know it won't last forever!

    @MNN Yes, I am a beer drinker. Imported and craft beer, not the vile stuff that comes out of a can!

    @M Yes. It does seem like a fantasy world when I'm with him. I'm just riding the fantasy for as long as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like one of our meetings of late. Except we're the couple that makes out in the booth and doesn't care who sees us. We desperately need to get a room. 7 weeks is way too long for us. We need to get through this shit-storn first though...

    ReplyDelete