I don't enjoy being called the other woman. I really don't. If there is anyone who is truly despised, it is the woman who sleeps with other women's husbands. I know. I've talked with enough women with cheating husbands (and those who don't) to reach this conclusion: I am hated. Not that these women know anything about my "other life."
Heck, in some countries I would be stoned to death.
I'm a nice person. I stop at crosswalks, I donate to several charities, I volunteer, I wish my friends on Facebook a "Happy Birthday!" But that isn't enough to excuse my actions. Sometimes I question my morals and wonder how a decent Catholic girl (turned Atheist) went bad. It wasn't my departure from believing in a higher power. Or was it?
No. My so-called lack of morality, i.e., "committing adultery," is just one facet of who I am. Being an adulteress doesn't define who I am. It certainly doesn't exert too much power over decisions I make on a daily basis.
If the man I'm with wants to talk trash about his wife, I'll listen. But don't expect me to participate. I believe in human goodness and I'm always looking for the positive even when I'm surrounded by neagtivity.
Drake's rationale is that we only have one life and we can't expect one person to fulfill all our needs.
I agree.
No comments:
Post a Comment