Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

On Blogging

Wow. I am amazed at how cathartic it is writing this blog. I wrote in journals (which I have in a locked safe box) for years until I worried about someone finding one of them and exposing me for who I really am. I have several friends I email, but it just isn't the same. There is an element of danger in what I'm doing. The idea that this blog could be traced back to me... Yet there is also the realization that there are millions of bloggers out there and the odds of being found out are slim to none. I can be myself here. I have no idea who might read this. A few, many, or none.

I have paged through other blogs and I find all of them amazing. It is wonderful how there are so many other people who feel a need to document some part of their lives for the world (or no one) to see. I have yet to find a blog I wish to follow...but I'm sure I will find a few. Eventually.

There is a side of me that wants to tell a few close friends about what I'm doing, direct them to my blog. But I love this medium for being what it allows me to be. Myself. No pretentions. While I am careful to change names and places, everything else is the truth. It is pure, unadulterated me.

2 comments:

  1. This may not mean much, but, having found you, I've only read 9 of your posts so far. I think I've fallen for you too. Not in the "prince charming" or "pumpkin at midnight" way but rather in the "I just read Stephen King" kind of way...except you aren't he and what I was looking for ...well... damn...

    I'm not even sure you'll even see this. I guess I just wanted to say... "damn, lady...you sure do write well"... I hope it all turns out the way you want in the end. I'll keep reading to find out. For, after all, we are all waiting to "find out if we are the heroes of our stories" (or some variation on that: see Dickens...my best shot at a quote)

    G'bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading and I am flattered--yet puzzled--by your comment! ;-)

    ReplyDelete