Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Why?

I try not to live in the future...at the very least not TOO far into the future. It isn't the greatest way to live. For example, I was tapped (out of 32 teammates) to be on a five-week project at work. I am thrilled, but at the same time a bit intimidated. In my vanilla life, I usually stay within my comfort zone (*my sexual life is another story*)!

I have no idea what this project is about--I will find out on Monday. I am trying to remain calm and confident. I wish I could look ahead and see the good things that might come out of this project...my supervisor said there could be "growth opportunities," which I welcome. However, I know that I will simply take each day as it comes.

This is how I have lived the past 2+ years of my affair. Taking each day as it comes. I have no illusions (delusions?) that Drake and I will ever spend any more time than we already spend together. We enjoy each other's company. Although we do have serious talks about life, we try to keep things light when we're together. We're playful, understanding, and very sexual when we're together, but we recognize the limits.

I have been following a fellow blogger's ups and downs in her affair. Her latest post disturbed me and made me realize how fortunate I am to have a stable affair partner. I also found myself descending into blogs about the "other side." Women and men who have been cheated on.

It's ironic, but I feel for them. I wouldn't want to be in their shoes.

So, why do I cheat?

I just can't explain why anymore.

4 comments:

  1. Hugs.

    I'm one half of an affair. N its hard to NOT think about the future. I hope one day i can b as zen as u though.

    Meanwhile i suppose having a ton of stuff on my plate to deal with helps take my mind off things for the most part!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Fondles. I think it is really important to keep busy and have a life outside of your affair. Otherwise, one would be pining and wishing and hoping. Not very good for the psyche. I try to keep a realistic spin on all this. It helps keep me sane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cheat with two people who are cheating. I'm not going to live cheated out of life any more.

    I like your outlook. I try to live by "if you don't complain you don't have to explain".

    You said a lot here in a very few words. Really well written :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Emen. It is always nice to know that others can relate. You words? Words to live by!

      Delete