![]() |
| Skyline Drive, VA |
I love this time of year! I love sweaters, boots, and watching the leaves turn color. Even my naturally wavy hair needs less taming. The chill in the air energizes me. Although we have fewer hours of daylight, I can deal with it!
I had a wonderful day with Drake yesterday. We met at noon for lunch at a restaurant close to his office. We ate, drank wine, and enjoyed each other's company. Afterwards, we drove to a garden center to buy my mums. The pink mums were gorgeous and in full bloom, but I decided to buy some purple mums that had fewer blossoms and lots of buds.
Next stop was a local park. We lay together in the grass. No one was around, so I wasn't surprised when his hand slipped down the front of my shirt. My nipples were especially hard due to surprisingly cool wind that had kicked up.
We finished off the day at a coffee shop. At one point, we found ourselves simply staring into each other's eyes, smiling. No words were necessary. It was that non-verbal acknowledgement of contentment. Of tranquility. Of peace. Of love.
Today is going to be a good day! Dave and I are going downtown to the theatre. The show got excellent reviews. I am excited! We will probably go out for dinner afterwards.
Tomorrow is my community meeting in the morning and dinner out with the entire family. The four of us haven't found the time to go out for dinner together in months. I am really looking forward to it.
Life is good...

Good for you! Life is indeed good. :-)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pic - Skyline Drive and Shenandoah Nat'l Park are among my very favorite places.
Yes! It is gorgeous there this time of year (or any time of year!). I took the pic last year when we drove out there to see the fall colors.
Deleteglad to hear about ur nice day :)
ReplyDeleteThank you, Darius. :-)
DeleteThat pic looks familiar!
ReplyDelete