I sit across from you.You talk endlessly about things that interest you...your new car...work...the gym...music. I find myself wishing--no, longing--for that spark to return. The spark that brought us together over 23 years ago. That electrifying first kiss. The hot, passionate sex early in our relationship. I want to see that look. That look in your eyes that I haven't seen for years. I am listening to you, but I am trying to imagine what it would be like if we could fall in love all over again. I know the chances of it happening are slim to none.
You can't give me what I need.
******************
I idolized my parents when I was growing up. Perhaps I still do. They seemed so perfect. I remember coming home from a New Year's Eve party when I was in high school and discovering the door to my parents' room wide open, all the lights on. My Mom and Dad lying in a naked embrace, asleep.
It shocked me. It shocked me to know that they are sexual beings. I don't know what their sex life is like now...in their 70's...but I did knock over a bottle of Viagra during my last visit, while looking for some Advil. So the spark must still be there. I am envious of the relationship they have had for over fifty years.
Something I will never have.
Never say never, Chere
ReplyDeleteTTFN
Mr. No Name
Mr No Name is right, you just never know what life may bring you.
ReplyDeleteThanks, guys. It is a wishful long shot... :-(
ReplyDeleteThere is a generational influence that you might be overlooking here, Luna. You correctly observe that your parents have managed to maintain a fulfilling sex life even after decades together, but you don't touch on the fact that their behavior toward one another--being the product of an earlier cultural tradition--may easily allow for sustainable sexual interest.
ReplyDeleteIs your dad the "alpha male" of the home? If so, then your mother's instinctual femininity would no doubt respond to him with sexual submission, hence your high school discovery.
Most women would respond similarly. Think of the Dave/Drake dynamic. You are comfortable with Dave, and he is the father of your children/co-provider, but in your eyes he has lost something of his sexual self. Perhaps at the biological level you sense that he is no longer aggressively masculine...while Drake has that in spades. That is why you so easily submit to Drake and allow yourself to be swept off of your feet.
As usual, very insightful comments. You are absolutely correct, my Dad has always been the take charge "alpha male" type. That has always been lacking in my marriage. I get tired of taking the initiative in seemingly everything I do with my husband. That is true.
DeleteThank you for the insight. Truly well written.
if i have a wife who wants to have lovers, i would allow her as long as we can remain married. just being honest with eachother, and being kind at the same time. i dunno why i feel this way but we live in times where temptations are everywhere and people stray but that doesnt mean that the marriage is not good. things change and feelings change but that doesnt mean it wasnt worth something.
ReplyDeleteCheck-this-out...
ReplyDeleteYes, earthling, Im an NDE
(thus, my ethereal nomenclature) -
so I actually know God exists:
He rewards those who HONOR n RESPECT
Him and strive to follow His Laws;
for those who wanna know what
Seventh-Heaven holds for your
indelible, magnificent soul whom
God has so carefully crafted -
and if you're not too concerned
with WWIII and N. Korea,
you better follow us:
Find-out what RCIA means and join.
trustNjesus.
ALWAYS.
God bless your indelible soul.
PS denying Hell will not prevent
you from falling INTO Hellfire:
Jesus is the Just Judge;
He only 'reads' what YOUR past,
mortal lifetime consisted of.
The bawl's in your court, earthling;
Decide NOW...
or forever hold your pieces.
SOLUTION? Confess.
This comment has been removed by the author.
Delete'Above all, preserve an INTENSE love for
ReplyDeleteeach other for love covers many a sin'
-1 Peter 4:8
Q: is sex allowed in Seventh-Heaven?
A: does the HUGE universe need people?
Q: is sex allowed in Hellfire?
A: if you get past the awwwFULL stench, the heat, the thirst, the torment,
the Fuggly creatures,
how mucha wanna betcha satan's never gonna letcha??
Make Your Choice -SAW
trustNjesus, child.
ALWAYS.
God bless your indelible soul.
Prediksi Skor Piala Dunia 2018 Korea Selatan VS Jerman 27 Juni 2018
ReplyDeletePrediksi Skor Piala Dunia 2018 Belgia Vs Tunisia 23 Juni 2018
Prediksi Skor Piala Dunia 2018 Korea Selatan VS Meksiko 23 Juni 2018
Prediksi Skor Piala Dunia 2018 Jerman VS Swedia 24 Juni 2018
Prediksi Skor Piala Dunia 2018 Jerman VS Swedia 24 Juni 2018