Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

My Outlet


I have been trying to contain my emotions recently. I have been doing rather well, I think. Then I sit down to blog and my fingers fly emotionally across the keyboard. I just can't help myself.

I started writing in a journal when I was a fifteen-year-old teenager. I continued writing until I started having affairs. That was when I realized that I couldn't be truthful with myself in my journal due to the fear of someone finding my journal.

Those journals currently sit in a locked box in my bedroom closet.

Thus I enjoy blogging. It is akin to writing in a journal...anonymously...for all the world to see. Quite bizarre when you think about it!

My son had a doctor's appointment this morning and I have one in the afternoon. I decided to take the entire day off from work. After my doctor's appo, I am getting my hair done and then looking for a dress for my son's college graduation. Perhaps I will return home, put on some music, and curl up on the couch and read.

I was going to rearrange the basement, but I think I need some time away from the obsessive organizing I have been doing the past few days.

4 comments:

  1. I find the anomoyous / public nature of blogging to be strangly appealing too.

    TTFN
    Mr. No Name

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the appeal is that you want people to read your thoughts, just not the people you know or would have to face. It would be the thrill of taking your diary and somehow putting it in a bottle and tossing it in the ocean. Eventually someone is going to read all your intimate thoughts, but they won't know it was you.

    Blogging like this makes the process a lot easier, and those of us not living near the ocean still get to find your bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've asked my friend to invent an implantable device that, on the moment of my death, sends a signal to blogger.com to delete everything.

    He's working on it, when it works, I'll be a billionaire.

    I love writing, I love the emotional outlet it gives me, but, as with you, I really don't want anyone else to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @MNN - It's oddly cathartic, no?

    @JF - I love the bottle in the ocean analogy!

    @A54 - I worry about that also. Should I have an untimely death, this blog is going to hang around for eternity!

    ReplyDelete