You are having dinner at the best restaurant you can imagine. Do not concern yourself with over-eating, or other restrictions. We want to know what you like best. What will you have for:
1. Before dinner wine, aperitif, or cocktail? A dry Martini
2: Appetizer? Crab cake. I am a sucker for a finely crafted crab cake. Can you guess which state I live in?
3. Soup? Fench onion. Always my favorite.
4. Salad? Caesar salad. But it MUST have anchovies! OR a walnut gorgonzola salad.
5. Wine or other beverage with dinner? Preferably a bottle of the finest oak-aged Chardonnay.
6. Entree? Filet Mignon. Plain. Simple. No sauces. The best cut possible. I only eat red meat on rare occasions.
7. Side Dishes? Asparagus and creamed spinach.
8. Dessert? Tiramisu.
9. After dinner drink? Remy Martin.
10. Which 3 people would you invite to dinner: (must be famous, well-known, living or dead, not fictional)
- For sex appeal - Gabriel Garcia Marquez. His books are so incredibly sensual. I would love to have dinner with him and I would beg him to read out loud from a few of his books. Anais Nin would be another choice. I would love to pick her brain.
- For great conversation - This is a tough one. Michael Shermer. He is a well-known skeptic. Or perhaps Richard Dawkins. Or Christopher Hitchens.
- Because you detest them - Hummm. I must say that I don't detest anyone. However, for pure annoyance and entertainment, I would probably invite Bill O'Reilly or Pat Buchanan! :-)
Bonus: Your lover brings you breakfast in bed. What’s on the tray?
Whole wheat pancakes with a dusting of powdered sugar and some blueberries tossed on the top. Scrambled eggs. Hot chocolate with a generous dollop of whipped cream. That's more than enough. I hope he fixed enough for himself, also. I hate to be watched while I eat! ;-)
I spent my last two years of high school living in Europe with my Mom and Dad. We frequented many five-star restaurants and I still think back on those days of fine dining as opposed to the schlock so many restaurants serve in the US (although I have been to a *few* decent restaurants in the US!).
See who else is playing TMI Tuesday.
Great answers! I see that you have a couple answers in common with us.
ReplyDeleteI love crab cakes, especially jumbo lump crab cakes from Faidley Seafood at Lexington Market in Baltimore. I'm going to guess you're in Maryland.
I should've gone with Remy Martin. I haven't had one of those in years.
I love that you chose Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens as possible dinner companions. I'm not familiar with Michael Shermer, though, and I feel like I should be.
And your "Because you detest them" answers were great. We like you.
-Jack
Coming over from TMI. It has been forever since I have had a French Onion soup, it is one of my favorites as well. Oh I will take the salad minus the anchovies and I am all about crab cakes, IF they are made right. Nothing worse then ordering one and discovering the insides are not what you hoped for.
ReplyDeleteremy martin, i'd drink that just 'cause that name sounds so cool
ReplyDeletei once went a week where all i ate were salads with caesar dressing on them, still recovering from that to this day...
ah yes, i'd love to delve into some magical realism right about now, the more magic in my realism, the better
Delicious answers! Makes me want to invite you to dinner!
ReplyDelete@Jack and Jill - Yup. That is exactly where I am. :-) Michael Shermer has written some awesome books. He is from the LA area. Look him up on Amazon. I have most of his books!
ReplyDelete@Angel - As for crab cakes...I once went to a restaurant that attempted crab cakes with *imitation* crab. One word: YUCK
@the late phoenix - Caesar every day? Is there a 12-step program for that? ;-)
@Sassy - I'm driving to see you as we speak...!!