Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Navel Gazing


A reader of my blog ("Anonymous") recently stated that my blog had become the equivalent of navel gazing. I found the comment quite amusing, to be honest, but it made me reflect on why I bother to take the time to write this blog.

I'm not sure I have a genuine answer.

I suppose I could have started a blog with a much different theme. Perhaps blog about the good works I have done (and I am currently doing) in my life or my mental illness and the multiple trips I have made to the loony bin.

Those topics, however, don't interest me as much as sex does.

I like being part of the sex blogging community. There are some great bloggers out there whose blogs I thoroughly enjoy following. I have also made some friends along the way. It's nice not to feel so alone in this rather puritanical society we call the USA.

It is doubtful that this blog will be my greatest accomplishment in life!

<grin>

...and I will leave it at that!...

5 comments:

  1. I'm dumbfounded over the photo you have(wondering how you found such a perfect photo for this post) I would of laughed at the comment too. Blogging is a reflection of who we are and a way of sorting out our thoughts. Only people who try to make a living off of it really care what others think. If one doesn't like someone's Blog. They should not bother to read it. Simple as that. I enjoy reading people's blogs because I love interesting people. One of my favorite blogs has been discontinued, and I thought the person who wrote it was disgusting! But damn was she entertaining and I so enjoyed her blog. She was a very interesting person. Hoping she will start a new one I can find after her divorce is over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never mind Anonymous :)

    I've only just stated reading your blog (only really just started blogging). I don't personally think there is anything wrong with contemplation, can be as valuable for reader as writer.

    I've only just stated reading your blog (only really just started blogging) but I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what I thought of Mr Anon. He/she is a petty person looking to hurt others for their own amusement. This is your blog, write what you want. We follow your blog because you interest us.

    No Blog can be all things to all people all the time. Your writing is a reflection of your life.

    TTFN
    Mr. No Name

    ReplyDelete
  4. @FreakyV - Funny how a blog can grab you and pull you in, isn't it? I have my faves that I try to read on a regular basis. Our blogs may not be written in a fashion worthy of the New York Times, but when someone is able to capture who they are and share, I am captivated.

    @Miss G - Thanks for reading! :-)

    @MNN - Hugs. You are my knight in shining armor. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous comments are worthless at best, hateful at their worst, and should be ignored by one and all. I, for one, would love to gaze at your navel for hours on end.

    Write what you want.
    Leave out what you want.
    This is your blog, your life, your thoughts, we are just here for the ride.

    ReplyDelete