I am a bit tipsy as I write this. So forgive my reckless attempt at sounding lucid!
I am honestly fascinated and surprised by the number of men (publicly and privately) who seem willing to throw Drake under the bus. I am equally surprised by the number of women (publicly and privately) who are accepting of my decision to lead a double life.
Hummmm...
I can't...can't...can't...say goodbye to Drake. He has been this positive, stabilizing force in my life. In 22 years of marriage, I have never had that.
So...you ask...why don't I say goodbye to my marriage?
It's complicated.
I can't explain it. It is inexplicable.
I love Dave.
I love Drake.
Dave and I have a counseling session on Tuesday, May 22nd.
Only time will tell how things will end up.
No. I seriously doubt I will spill my guts. That's for suckers.
I think I can maneuver through this without emotionally vomiting all over the place.
I think I can make my marriage work AND keep my affair with Drake.
I need both of them.
End of story.
I think.
If you love Dave, set him free, life is short.
ReplyDeleteLuna,
ReplyDeleteI am sorry if our comments cause pain. None of us can know exactly what you are going through, but we all have an opinion - Like I said in one of my posts, opinions are like assholes - everyone has one and most of them stink.
That being said (this is the 'ouchie' part of this comment), there is something to be said for the comments. No one wants to deny you happiness, but how you are going about it is going to lead to a greater hurt. It is a law of averages that Dave will find out or drakes wife will. At that point, it all becomes about cheating rather than unfulfilled needs. Other may want you to commit to one of the other, I just want you to be free from hiding what you do and who you are.
None of us are in your shoes or in your life, but I all want the best for you - our individual versions of what is best for you - but the best for you.
TTFN
Mr. No Name
I hope it goes well on the 22nd.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a complicated situation, but certainly not unique so I would assume you are not alone in your confusion as there are other males/females dealing with the same dichotomy.
Like MNN said, I think we all just want to see the best outcome for you.
No one knows your situation better than YOU! Only you get to decide what happens next! Unless u tell (don't tell). Then it's no longer just your choice!! Some of us lead double lives for years! Lots of us! Some can handle it, some can't! Some win & some lose! Just know that ultimately its you that chooses for now!
ReplyDeleteLuna, I'm with you. If we can stay in our marriages and live happy lives with a special friend on the side...what's wrong with that? Men have been doing it for centuries.
ReplyDeleteThis may sound awful, and probably too late anyway since it is the 22nd right now, but be careful what you say in your counselling session. Talk about you and Dave and how you relate and work on that aspect. There is no need to "confess" to everything right up front. Listen more than you talk, and see how things are going. Blurting out anything about Drake would derail the whole process. In many ways, Drake is the symptom, not the problem. Make sure you are focused on the problem first.
ReplyDeleteHow did the counselling go?
ReplyDeleteTTFN
Mr. No Name