Can I be honest with you?
Sometimes sex with your lover isn't the mind-blowing sex you expect it to be. Sometimes you are both preoccupied with life and while the passion is there, the intensity isn't quite into overdrive the way it usually is.
And that's okay.
Here's where our story begins.
In a nutshell.
(TMI)
First, I had the never-ending period several months ago and now I haven't had one for over seven weeks. I am always quite regular.
NO! I am NOT pregnant!
With my body playing tricks on me (is it stress? is it my age?), it is easy to get moody and cranky and bitchy and take small gestures the wrong way. I feel as though I am in a PMS loop.
Fortunately, Drake totally understands and accepts how I feel.
For example, we had lunch yesterday afternoon and while we were in the parking lot of the restaurant, he went to grab both my breasts.
My response?
"Grab me and I'll kill you!"
I don't mince words.
On Monday, we met for drinks and his hand wandered up my leg.
My reponse?
"Don't!"
(Although I must hasten to add that I did give him a blowjob in a parking lot a mere hour later!)
Fortunately, he gets me. Where he could have been offended, he simply backed off. Where he could have made some smart retort, he remained silent.
I am really lucky.
I surprised him this morning when I told him that I wanted to go to a hotel. We drove to a city about 20 miles north to get a room. He didn't have his "bag of tricks" and I really should have thought ahead and bought some lube...at the very least.
The room was adequate (sub-standard?). The bed was soft and squeaky. The pillows were flat. I swear I saw a cockroach stick its little nose out of a hole in the corner of the bathroom. The wine I had brought had warmed in the car during our stop for lunch and the mini-fridge was barely cool.
He was preoccupied with work.
I was dry.
Every time I got wet, I immediately dried up, which is totally unlike me.
Once again. The refrain:
Fortunately, Drake gets me.
We managed to maneuver into positions that allowed us to cum, but I didn't hear any fireworks (or applause) in the background.
Afterwards, I lay on his chest and he laughed about how "stubborn and willful" I can be and that I am certainly not anyone's doormat.
Nope.
Although we both know that I am his on-call slut and whore.
On the drive home, he told me that "it" had been "nice."
We laughed.
After he dropped me off, I sent him this text:
You are a "nice" man.
I had a "nice" time.
Lunch was "nice" too.
His reponse?
LOL
He gets me. He really gets me.
Love is some one you enjoy sharing the shitty times with! No more needs to be said,yet I am still typing. It must be the Southern Comfort and country music talking. Ok, I am done typing now....or am I. I can't stop. I don't want to stop. I will type all night.....my drink is empty.....bye
ReplyDeleteMNN - Still giggling over this one. :-) Southern Comfort and country music, eh?
DeleteIt was a weak moment. I an not normally a country music guy, but Toby Keith and Garth Brooks can put me in a drinking mood.
DeleteThere must be something in the water. I've been going through the same thing. It will pass...I hope ;)
ReplyDeleteKitty - Ugh! You too?
DeleteNever let the perfect be the enemy of the good (or in this case the mediocre). Sometimes it has to be about "whatever gets you through the night."
ReplyDeleteYou're absolutely, positively correct! "It's alright, it's alright..." :-)
DeleteHope you get to feeling better soon.
ReplyDeleteEven in he fantasy world of affairs and passion the real world, medical issues, periods, blah blah blah, gets in the way and throws us off our game. The nice thing is that you are both patient and calm about it and that you don't panic. It's just part of a relationship, and that's what you have, a relationship and all that goes with it.
ReplyDelete