Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

"I Love You"






Why do those three words carry so much meaning?

Yeah. Yeah. That is such a loaded question.

I decided to do some research on the Internet.

According to Wikipedia, over a dozen films, nearly a dozen albums, and too many songs to count were entitled "I Love You." There is (was?) a band under the same name and a horse and computer worm also carried the same three words.

There's the Barney song (ugh, don't get me started!).

The Urban Dictionary meaning(s). Some are quite funny!

WikiHow instructs users exactly HOW to say "I love you." Define love. Make is special. Make eye contact. Say it at an appropriate time. Say it without expecting anything in return. Be creative. Back up your words.

HUH?

We need step-by-step instructions on HOW to say "I love you?"

Apparently so.

Ich liebe dich.

Te amo.

S'agapo.

Je t'aime.

When Dave and I first met I would say those four phrases in rapid, but meaningful succession. (Okay, so I had picked up countless phrases in my global travel.) Now, those words just don't hold the same meaning anymore.

Why, you must be asking, is she going there? It must be a slow day for Luna in blogland.

No.

This post has a point.

Last night I met Drake for a drink (I say that a lot, don't I??). I was stressed and he was tired, but we both managed to cheer each other up.

He walked me out to my car and as he leaned down to kiss me, he said that loaded phrase:

"I love you!"

It wasn't forced. It wasn't phony. It wasn't said to placate me. It wasn't said to make me feel better.

He meant it.

...and it meant all the world to me!

He has said it before, but it was usually in response to my pronouncement of loving *him*. In this case, it flowed naturally from his lips.

I love him, too!

7 comments:

  1. OH boy, now you are really in trouble.... :-)

    But it's always nice to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the love, block everything else out

    TTFN
    Mr. No Name

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing better when the feeling overtakes someone and those words just come pouring out. I have never meant the words more than when I say them to Loverboy and I know how he feels when he says them to me...a feeling of warmth flows over me. Treasure those moments!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes your post is much more happy than mine. But look on the bright side if Bibi and Poldi are a benchmark you and Drake should be in for at least 113+ more years of bliss!

    ReplyDelete