Pages

Friday, August 10, 2012

All Good Things Must Come to an End!



My ten-day vacation to the South to visit my Mom and Dad is coming to an end. My sons came along also.

I was hoping to write sooner, but I haven't been able to wrestle my laptop away from my son, who has been teaching himself a web design program as well as Skyping with his girlfriend.

Damn. I am going to miss being here.

I feel cared for, secure, and confident here. Things I don't always feel when I'm in my own home.

I will miss morning walks with my Dad, shopping at the outlets with my Mom. I've also appreciated the time I've been able to spend with the kids, who are now young adults and undoubtedly will reach a point where going with me to visit my Mom and Dad will no longer be a priority for them.

 My parents, who are planning a 50-year anniversary trip to Paris (where they met) next month, are wonderful people. They have their fair share of arguments, but they usually run like this:

My Dad: Where's the Cumin??
My Mom: You know I alphabetize the spices!!
My Dad: Then why is the Garlic Powder next to the Rosemary!!

Drake has also been on vacation. We email each other every morning the way we usually do.

A snippet from his last email to me:
I woke up from a sexy dream in the morning rock hard. I thought of how nice it is to wake up with you there and gently guide your mouth to take care of me.

I have spoken with Dave twice...both times were related to some household issue.

I have been reading a slew of books on infidelity on my Kindle ranging from 50 cents (I got what I paid for!) up to $9.99. Some of these authors really need to work on their writing skills if they feel they can self-publish. "Definately?" and "Publically?" Really??

I think I will save the details of my summer vacation reads for another blog post.

7 comments:

  1. Be kind when reviewing Kitty's book please ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got away for a bit. Always good to blow out the cobwebs, even with crappy literature.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you were able to get away, even if it did mean dragging the kiddos along. I hope you were able to decompress and recoup and generally enjoy being away from some of your stressors.

    Stay SINful
    Mr. AP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I had a wonderful time. Now I need to make the difficult adjustment to homelife again...

      Delete