Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

"Cute"

Is "cute" a compliment? That has been today's consensus regarding my new 'do. No one has said "sexy" or "sophisticated." It has all been "cute." I'm not averse to being called "cute..."

However...I have yet to hear from the one man who really matters to me. I won't be seeing him until Friday. Maybe I should straighten the waves and slick it back for "sophisticated?'

I must say, it is nice to not have to fuss with a flat iron or ponytail.

Before






After

14 comments:

  1. It looks really good!

    And yes cute is a compliment, they are just being safe around you, they don't want to go too far.

    I'm sure you will get all kinds of positive feedback on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I decided to send him a pic. I said "I hope you like the new me." He said, "I like the new you AND the old you." lol

      Delete
  2. Ponyboy stoles my thoughts, "Cute" is accurate, complimentary, and, above all else, safe for a workplace environment. I don't think their is anything wrong with "cute." Your hair is cute. It frames your face, shows off your neck (thank you), is youthful, and well, cute! You can make it sophisticated with some gel and a black turtleneck. You can make it pixie-ish with some clips and mousse, and well, it won't get in the way when you are on your knees giving your man what he wants, a blow-job and a visual...

    I like it a lot. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I love the hair idea. Good point on the other issue...mmmm...

      Delete
  3. For what it's worth, I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Mwah. I found a few pics of her online when I did a search for short haircuts. She was my inspiration!

      Delete
  5. LOVE IT!! Looks great and fun and rejuvenating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My sister saw the pic I sent her and said it looks "kicky." lol I actually feel much more perky with this cut. I usually keep it pulled back in a ponytail all summer because of the heat and humidity. However, now I can wear it down and it's nice to be able to run my hand through my hair.

      Delete
  6. Cute is always a good thing, but I can see why it can sometimes be the wrong thing to say. Reminds me of this exchange from the movie Bull Durham:

    Nuke: God, I think you're real cute.
    Annie: Cute? Baby ducks are cute. I hate cute! I want to be exotic, and mysterious!
    Nuke: You are, you're exotic, and mysterious, and... cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Too funny. As I said, I want to be sexy and sophisticated too...but I'll settle for "cute." ;-)

      Delete
  7. The new do is nice! Friday will be very exciting for you!

    ReplyDelete