I had to make an unfortunate call to Drake this afternoon after a visit to my family doctor.
I have an STD.
It isn't serious. In fact, it's quite common in women and easily treated. It's called trichomoniasis and it was caught after being tested for another issue I am having.
I mentioned in a post back in February that I tested positive for HPV after an abnormal pap smear last year. When I mentioned to my gynecologist (back then) that I was seeing someone outside of my marriage, he was unconcerned.
My family doctor initally asked me whether I had been with any new sexual partners recently and I lied and told her I hadn't.
I don't know why I lied. It was a stupid thing to do. I suppose I didn't think I had an STD, so I didn't see any reason to tell her the truth. Once I found out I had an STD, I didn't want to backpedal.
Drake took a deep breath when I told him I had an STD. We haven't used a condom since we first met. That was nearly two years ago. He wondered whether I got it from the man we had the threesome with last week. The man wore a condom, of course...but who knows?
He was relieved to know that it isn't serious. He needs to figure out where he can get tested. He doesn't want to go to his family doctor.
Trichomoniasis is called the "ping pong disease" because partners tend to pass it back and forth to each other.
He and I are obviously going to need to use a condom until we are both done with treatment.
Yes, I've thought about Dave. He and I haven't had sex for quite a while, so I doubt he has been exposed to anything. Did Dave expose me to something? I have no idea.
I'm not about to open that can of worms.
Not yet, at least.
hi. i am a long time fan of your blog. if i may give an advice. go back to your dr and tell her the truth. she will give you a more accurate advise. she will not tell your hubby. go back to her and just be honest.
ReplyDeletei know this std type is a minor bug but do not take it lightly.
an another thing, how do you know that Drake is not sleeping with anyone else other than you? he is not a saint here.
even if you dont buy into my 2nd assesment thats fine but please take my first advise seriously. be honest with ur doctors. they can help u.
...
last note.. why not just come clean with huby on all this..
Thanks for reading. I know Drake isn't a saint, but I do trust him. He really has no reason to lie to me. That might sound naive, but it's true. I simply can't come clean with my husband. It isn't going to happen.
DeleteI don't want to get all sanctomonious, but you should probably avoid sex completely, until treatment is done. It transmits pretty easily and although condoms significantly reduce your chances of getting it, it can still be passed back and forth through skin to skin contact and even shared clothing.
ReplyDeleteI appreciate the advice. Drake is seeing a doctor today (Monday) to get treated. We're cooling things down a bit until we've both been treated.
DeleteOooooohhh, ahhhhhhhh, mmmmmmm. That is an ackwarnd situation and an ackwarnd conversation to have to have. Best of luck.
ReplyDeleteAt this point in time, I see no purpose in bringing Dave into this.
DeleteBe careful, nip it in the bud, clean it out, stay on treatment, take a break, and have Dave get testing. you don't want to start playing three-way ping pong.
ReplyDeleteYes. I hope to nip it in the bud without involving Dave.
DeleteWell damn. Any of us practicing non-monogamy have be cautious. I'm sorry you're having to deal with this on top of everything else you're facing right now. Best of luck.
ReplyDeleteStay SINful
Mr. AP
You're right. It's easy to get caught up in the fun. We've tried to play it safe, but I suppose you can never be safe enough!
DeleteScary Luna. I just got a lecture from Bad Boy on this very topic. He made me swear never to let another man cum inside of me no matter what. Anyway, I hope you feel better soon.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Kitty. It is scary. I'm glad it was nothing worse. I'm also happy that I had a primary issue that resulted in this secondary issue being caught.
DeleteTough decisions all around, I hope things work out for all three of you.
ReplyDelete