Pages

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Trust

I consider myself a trusting person. Sure, I have my doubts on occasion, but generally speaking I trust others. I can count on one hand the number of times I have lost genuine trust in someone close to me. Maybe I'm a bit naive in the department, but so be it!

Drake and I have been looking for others for a threesome or foursome for nearly two years now. We haven't been terribly successful. We did have one hot threesome shortly after we met. It was with a former lover of mine (not as awkward as it might sound!).

The issue is that Drake is very particular about the type of men and women he wants to bring into the fold. He won't hook up with others simply because they're willing. He wants to be sure that we play and have fun in a safe environment.

I appreciate that.

For example, he met with three different men last week for a possible threesome. He said that they were all decent guys, but he clicked with only one of them.

I should add that Drake is straight.

Drake recently ditched his old, private email account and opened a new, joint account between him and me. I have full access to the account. Our agreement is that he reads the emails first and I read and delete them. We have a system to avoid any confusion.

This is a whole new level of trust and I am thrilled about it. He has told me all along that he has nothing to hide in his search. Thus the reason for the joint account.

Why am I not more involved in the initial meetings? I am turned on by the element of surprise and Drake and I prefer to keep it that way. We have met together with several couples, but again, being surprised does turn me on. I trust him to make good choices.

I am happy to say that I have faith and trust in Drake. He is an incredibly wonderful man.

4 comments:

  1. Luna, if you've found fulfillment in the arms of another and no longer give fidelity to your husband, why stay? Is it a fear of being alone? Is it the comfortability that long term marriage provides?

    What about your husband? Do you no longer respect him?

    New reader here, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - It is a combination of things. Primarily, I have grown to believe that one person cannot fulfill all my needs. Perhaps there is the fear of being alone thrown in there, as well as the idea that I am reluctant to end a 22 year marriage.

    Drake and I are pretty entrenched in our marriages.

    As for my husband? He and I have grown apart. We lead very separate lives and have very different interests--especially now that our two sons have grown. I certainly do respect him, though I understand why you ask the question.

    Thank you for asking and thanks for reading.

    Luna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the level of trust shown by the joint e-mail account and your search for a 3rd. It's something I have rarely had, and I'm a bit jealous. I hope you find some new playmates soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SM and I are like you - we enjoy the surprise. That is one of the reasons we have chose to swing at a club rather than try "couples dating". That, and time/emotianal strain. It is hard to find someone who you like, are attracted to, not threatened by and have Drake feel the same.

    Best of luck.

    TTFN
    Mr. No Name

    ReplyDelete