No worries. I am talking about my blog, not myself!
Like many bloggers, I have moments when I wonder whether I should continue blogging. I enjoy all aspects of blogging--from the writing of posts to the interaction with fellow bloggers and readers.
However, there are times when I feel as though my posts are getting stale or I simply have nothing to write about. At the same time, my blog feels like a baby I have raised from birth. The thought of ending my blog would be tantamount to abandonment!
I have been preoccupied the past few weeks. Between my vacation and an intense training program for a new position I am volunteering for, I have felt a bit of ambivalence about continuing to blog.
I'm sure these feelings will pass...
The good thing is, there is no requirement to post on a schedule. You can simply go on hiatus when you aren't feeling it and return with new and exciting posts when you feel the urge.
ReplyDeleteI'm in the same boat, and am currently on hiatus. I'm not putting pressure on myself - I'll write again when I feel moved to write. Do what feels right. :-)
ReplyDeleteBoy, been there, felt that, debating now....
ReplyDeleteI've always had a few "farewell" posts buried in my drafts folder. One for if I get caught, one if I just get bored, even one (for a while) that would eventually post if I got hit by a car or tossed in jail.
But as the others said, it's just for you, write when you want, break, write, it's not up to us, though I love reading your posts, blogging is just, should be, just a fun part of our lives that helps us blow off steam or think things through.
But, if it helps, I would miss you if you left.
DON'T LEAVE US!!!! I enjoy your posts and would miss them terribly. Write as you are motivated, but do not delete the blog.
ReplyDeleteTTFN
Mr. No Name
I think bloggers feel this way when they start writing for others, it becomes more of a task and not something you are doing for yourself.
ReplyDeleteSo I would suggest go back to writing when you want and about you want, I'm sure your readers will still be here when that happens; then it can be something you enjoy.
And as an aside, when you use the word "tantamount" you are basically made for writing. Great word!
Thank you for all the positive feedback and comments. I really appreciate it. It's funny, as I type this I already have a post playing in my head...so I guess I'm not going anywhere!
ReplyDelete