Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2013

The Reality: Divorce

I don't know how many of you remember me (or even care). I simply wanted to make one final post on this blog although it has been months since I last posted.

My husband and I are separating. I initiated the separation. We are headed for divorce. There is no turning back now. I am transferring my job to a state in the South and planning on starting a new life.

Asking for a separation was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. There was no yelling or screaming. Simply two calm adults realizing the end of 23+ years of marriage. It was very painful and emotional.

No, he has no idea about my secret life and it will remain that way.

I am still with Drake and we will continue to be good friends after I move..

I am going to have to deal with the double whammy of my marriage ending as well as losing my lover of three years.

Maybe you will see me in the divorce blogs..."Starting Over..."

14 comments:

  1. Sweetie, of course I remember you and of course I still care. I really have missed you. I have gone missing twice myself in the past when things felt over-whelming. I missed it and I was always pleasantly surprised at how receptive everyone was when I returned. I hope your need to go away for a bit. I hope you don't choose to stay gone. I have loved following you and would love to hear how things are going for you. Love Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful to hear from you! Big news! I wish you all the best and hope you will let us know one way or another how you fare in your new adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck and you should talk about your experiences on the other side.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the best for you in your new life. Perhaps if you do begin to write you can post a link here so we can find you!

    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...huge news. Exciting and scary. Thanks for letting us know. I wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish you all the best. This new phase of your life is a bittersweet adventure, but it's YOURS. Seize the day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you up for a game of "Words with Friends"? I'm sorry to hear that your have separated but I join in with the others in wishing you the best of luck in your new location. there are many of us who remember you well and would be happy to support you in any way we can.

    Good Luck, and please surface again. I miss having you around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Endings can be hard, as can beginnings, your decision shows your courage. Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for all the wonderful replies and show of support. I sincerely appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations for seizing the opportunity to change your life for the better. I hope now, a year later, you're much happier!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You will probably never see this, but a spam post popped up and transported me back 12 years when we were all younger and having fun writing. I hope you found love and success in your new job and your new city and that everything turned out as well as could be expected. A54

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Anonymous: I was just thinking about the golden age of blogging last night and feeling sad that the internet has become so commodified that little communities like this don't exist anymore.

    ReplyDelete